I’ve come to the conclusion, after all these years, that I’ve not been eating right at all. Sad to say, I’ve had poor eating habits.
Having observed others, read a bit, and thought it through, I’ve made the following guidelines which I hope to follow from now on.
- Eat three meals a day.
- Eat around the same time each day. My body at this age does best when there is some rhythm or routine.
- Eat food thoroughly before swallowing.
- Do not drink during the meal unless it’s a hot beverage.
- Do not over-eat.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day.
- Ensure that each day’s meal includes food from the basic seven food groups
Foods from group 6 should be eaten every day. Also each day, include:
- One or more servings from group 1, group 2 and group 5.
- At least two servings from group 3 and group 4.
- Some foods from group 7.