With a multitude of ‘Fruit & Nut bar’ recipes on the Internet, I decided to bake some today. I’m using honey instead of sugar.
* Since I only had one cup of dried fruits I added 2 cup oats.
1. Whisk the dry ingredients together … flour, baking soda and baking powder.
2.Ground the nuts into smaller sized pieces.
3.Combine dried fruit and oats with grounded nuts4. Add combined dried fruit, oats and nuts to dry ingredients and mix well.5. Beat egg and vanilla together until frothy.
6. Add the egg mixture to the fruit and nut batter.
7. Pack batter into greased baking tin and spread evenly.8. Bake at 325 degrees F (160 degrees C) for 30 – 40 minutes or until brown.
9. When baked, remove from oven to cool. When cooled, lift it from the pan by the edge.
Eat and enjoy.
For this and other wonderful recipes visit the website JoyofBaking.com