We got a lovely bunch of carrots on Monday and today all I can think about is carrot cake.
- 1 cup sugar (or 16 – 18 tbsp honey for diabetics)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the sugar, oil, and vanilla together.
- Then add the eggs, one at a time.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to 1/2 of the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Mix the grated carrots and raisins in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Then add to the batter. Mix until combined.
Scoop the batter into prepared muffin tins (greased & powdered with flour) until each is 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees F until golden brown.