Wilted Toadstools

The picture below shows several toadstools that seem to appear overnight after a few days of rain. Toadstools are poisonous mushrooms.Toadstools/MushroomsSomehow I thought these toadstools would be around for awhile, but I was wrong.  It was therefore a complete surprise to find them all wilted a couple days later. Wilted Toadstools Wilted ToadstoolsI understand mushrooms last for only a few days, some may sprout and die within 24 hours while others may survive for up to one week. Mushrooms are delicate fruits, and exposure to the sun and the heat usually cause them to wilt or dry out.

Advertisements

One thought on “Wilted Toadstools

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s