Happy Mother’s Day to all the mums across the globe. This morning I baked a Banana Coconut Raisin Loaf for my mum, she’ll have it for dessert later today. I found the recipe on the Internet and altered it as follows –
¼ cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons powdered milk creamer
2 leveled tablespoons sugar*
2 ripe bananas, crushed
1 tsp vanilla
1½ cups flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup grated coconut
⅓ cup raisins
1) Cream the butter, powdered milk creamer and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and beat well.
2) Stir in bananas and vanilla.
3) Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly incorporate into banana mixture.
4) Add the grated coconut and raisins.
5) Fill greased loaf tin to ¾ full and bake at 350oF for approx. 30 minutes or until golden brown.