After hearing foreigners say again and again that our cooked Ackee looked like scrambled eggs (see above photo ), I was inspired to prepare my scrambled eggs like I would Ackee and Cod Fish (as in my previous post “Preparing Ackee & Salt Fish“).
The result . . . a very delicious, filling breakfast. To prepare:
1. Scramble three eggs and set aside.
2. Saute cooked and de-boned Cod fish in oil with chopped tomatoes, chopped sweet pepper, chopped herbs (onion, garlic, thyme, escellion), and a little chopped hot pepper.
3. Add the scrambled eggs and combine with ingredients in sauce pan.
4. Sprinkle black pepper over the eggs and mix well.
5. Add one tablespoon water and simmer for approx. two minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy.I believe there are other dishes similar to this egg dish, that are equally tasty, nutritious, and just plain Yum! You’ve got to try it.