One of the many cravings I have, is for green banana chips; and when we have several hands of green bananas in our kitchen, munching on banana chips is all I find myself thinking about.
Most times, I just use two fingers of green bananas to make my chips, and this is how I make them:
- First, wash and peel the green bananas.
- Cut the green banana into thin slices.
- Fry the banana slices until golden brown
- Place the fried banana chips on a rack, paper towel, or into a strainer to let the excess oil drain off.
- Add salt to taste and serve. Homemade banana chips is best eaten warm; but if the banana slices are cut very thinly, they may be eaten either warm or cool.
Green bananas are rich in potassium and Vitamin B-6, they are a good source of fiber, vitamins and minerals, and contains a starch (i.e. resistant starch) that may help control blood sugar, manage weight, and lower blood cholesterol levels. ~ livestrong.com